Energy Conservation Links
- Energy – reduce energy intensity by 2.5% annually relative to a FY 2015 baseline
- Energy – installed advanced energy meters in data centers by FY 2018; reduce data center Power Use Effectiveness (PUE) to 1.5 or lower in existing data centers and less than 1.4 in new data centers
- Renewable Energy – the use of clean energy (renewable and alternative) shall not be less than 10% in FY 2016 and increasing to not less than 25% in FY 2025
- Water – install water meters on agency buildings
- Building Performance – identify a percentage of buildings that will meet the Guiding Principles requirements. Begin designing and constructing buildings that are net-zero.
Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007
- new construction to utilize 55% less fossil fuel energy than a typical and similar building;
- install advanced natural gas and steam meters;
- utilize solar water heaters; and
- conduct energy audits on at least 25% of facilities annually.
Energy Policy Act of 2005
- new construction to be 30% more efficient than ASHRAE 90.1;
- generate or purchase renewable energy;
- reduce energy consumption by 2% annually in existing buildings;
- install advanced electrical meters; and establishes renewable energy usage targets.